summarize the day today so far: wakes up half an hour late, the PC is turned on and two minutes after requesting referral (granted), 5 text messages found on awakening (read later), a connection that lasts minutes before falling three times, re-reboot the pc, re-re-connection (which finally is successful) start firefox, crash, re-start firefox, re-crash, re-re-start firefox, loading pages, launch explorer, F5 on news of backstreets, nothing, click on the setlist section, nothing, click on BTX (firefox), homepage of Bruce, read the latest news, comment: 'I imagined' (do not believe it no one, but oh well), click the other tab, facebook open up that still has to load (explorer), click on The Promised Land, click on the live set list (8 pages only, never seen such a thing), reading the setlist, finally (the pc I had just turned for this); homepage fb, No 146 comments of various kinds with varying degrees of desperation attached on the latest news as above, in all this and colaziono I dress, do the 100 meters in the corridor, the 153 steps and walk to the bus stop, wait 10 minutes, I take a differently than usual (I'm late), the 715 is about 200 meters before stopping work due to the road (read: too much rain, disaster sewer), again after ten minutes, changing the bus, waiting for five minutes, climb on the second bus and arrive to class ten minutes late, marveling at how few are, in fact, come within three hours another 5 sms, obviously the same topic, the lesson ends, I run in the rain for another 200 meters to Do not miss the only bus in half an hour and stay in the pouring rain, came in the room when I get 3 more text messages, email and PC'm 15 and about fifty other purpose suicide with comments and / or insane. In other words Springsteen.
for the "Take 'Em As They Come"
What then, I sincerely do Saturday The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle and The Sunday River is not everything me that it matters very much, you probably do not care at all, in the same way I do not care much whether or not in the pit at concerts I've seen overseas, and my fellow passengers are witnesses. To be perfectly honest and sincere at the end of the concerts were also a plus, say, an extra premium, and one I would also be enough, in the end, because just being in the States for me was - and is - the realization of a dream. So maybe this is not even an intervention by Springsteen, and then maybe you will understand why I do not give anything that sounds was in Madison this weekend, even if everything will seem a little strange. There are people who do back and forth from New England to see the shows, and maybe not even know that November 11 is Veteran's Day, we met with us on October 12th, the day of Columbus Day, and although not We have seen almost no celebration because we were around outlets in the morning, well, 'or say when the and all look at me looking a bit' puzzled a bit 'strange (as if to say, Springsteen's "But you went to America, you saw the concerts at the Spectrum, and I come to tell of the Columbus Day? "and the rest of the people:" But you go in America, you were in New York, and I come to tell of a stadium a building that in a few weeks they throw down? "- which we want to do, matter of perspective), I actually feel happy about this, I always dreamed of being in the States in conjunction with some traditional festival, if only because Americans, unlike most Europeans and Italians in particular, really feel their celebrations, much more than what you hear here on April 25 or June 2, just to stay in the civil holidays, so to speak.
Bruce has come to enter into a pre-existing cultural background, for some 'time to 2006 considerably more substantial, consisting of a veneration of the non-hidden portion of land that stretches from New York to Los Angeles in order to simplify . Then Bruce first came to the cinema, literature and even before, the word America is associated in my head especially at On The Road Keruoac and Scorsese, and only then Jungleland and New York City Serenade. Again, I know it sounds strange to hear from me, but it's true.
So I leave you with what to me is one of the greatest phrases ever, because it sums up perfectly what I mean.
Old Dean's gone, I thought, out loud and I Said, "He'll be all right." And Off We Went To The Sad and disclined concert for Which I Had not stomach all the time and whatever I was thinking of Dean and how he got back on the train and rode over three thousand miles over that awful land and never knew why he had come anyway, except to see me.
So in America when the sun goes down and I sit on the old broken-down river pier watching the long, long skies over New Jersey and sense all that raw land that rolls in one unbelievable huge bulge over to the West Coast, and all that road going, all the people dreaming in the immensity of it, and in Iowa I know by now the children must be crying in the land where they let the children cry, and tonight the stars'll be out, and don't you know that God is Pooh Bear?, the evening star must be drooping and shedding her sparkler dims on prairie, which is just before the coming of complete night that blesses the earth, darkens all rivers, cups the peaks and folds the final shore in, and nobody, nobody knows what's going to happen to anybody besides the forlorn rags of growing old, I think of Dean Moriarty, I even think of Old Dean Moriarty , the father we never found, I think of Dean Moriarty.
0 comments:
Post a Comment