Monday, May 11, 2009

Aluminium Boatbuilding

People Stay Just A Little Bit Longer...

Rome, Italy - May 10, 2009

Jackson Browne is probably the second person of a certain weight of all the humblest Music show biz, never had huge success, especially in Europe, and, judging by the type of people who sat in the audience last night, for the most Apart from those who know him who are nostalgic for the past 55 years and remembered with affection and nostalgia for their green years (in other words, these are people who made the '68 and thereabouts). It should therefore saying that the most we can hope, at least from the perspective of the concert, is touring Italy in small auditoriums and theaters, 1000/1200 stuff from places like precisely the Sala Santa Cecilia Auditorium Parco Music (anyway, I might say, was quite full). However, the simplicity and the passion that animates it are at least exemplary, and should serve as a lesson to so many people running lately and who has the courage to ask for astronomical sums for a concert ... But never mind, I avoid the controversy and go forward.
While I was there waiting it began, I was completely enchanted to set the stage, and the room in general, there had already been projected to the press during the Rome Film Festival last October, so the I knew, but what left me there for a good ten minutes it was all the environment: nothing I can ever take away from the head that was the Capitol Theatre in Passaic, if not identical, very similar to the room, and I thought given more than a thrill of emotion. I often find myself thinking that, at least on the one hand, it would have been better if Bruce and the band had not had all this happened, why it I had the chance to see them play in these places so collected, so intimate, and a concert would surely worth more.
In fact, while I was absorbed in these very deep thoughts here is that suddenly the lights are lowered and Jackson and the band come out in single file, through the side door (!), He greets the audience in Italian , attacks the jack on the guitar part and (!!!) Boulevard. After a few songs footage, begins the brief set of four songs from the new album, Time The Conqueror, each introduced by a small presentation (and even here, reminiscent of Springsteen, I returned quickly to mind ... you remember the " We were out in the desert, driving ... driving home through Nevada ..."? Yeah, good times), to bring a bit 'of roads in California that same Jackson called "the most beautiful city in the world, besides LA ... Altough part of Rome there is a very very similar to LA, so maybe I'll be write a song about. "He told of a time he stopped the car 80 miles from Los Angeles, and to pass the time turned on the radio and trial was put in writing, or the first time when the night wandering from room to room while playing, but then go home and sleep all day or sit on the beach until sunset. The public has been listening in silence, interrupting only occasionally to some scream the name of LA (probably the one thing that most of those present understood xD), but nonetheless warmly applauded at the end of each song.
After twenty minutes of heavy pause, the time has come to a small but intense acoustic set, in which Jackson played the piano, among others, For A Dancer and Fountain Of Sorrow, and then returned to the band, it was the turn of a sweet Late For The Sky, which I had so hoped to do, and is coming off a surprise (he was still the plan, and has run at some point ... forgot a few words because I particularly touched, had a tender gesture of annoyance! - ah, when there are telepromoter ...). From there was a crescendo of emotions, from Goin 'Down To Cuba ("We have to ask for special permission to get in there! Italians Maybe you too!") To Doctor My Eyes, to finish big with The Pretender and Running On Empty, Born To Run Jackson, with all the lights in the room alight and, finally, much of the public (still sitting) to sing.
Then he said goodbye and went out again, the usual sequence of applause, a few scattered here and cry all over again on stage for the latest call, which featured only a month in this part was added to the ladders and that a good Springsteen should know: I Am A Patriot, for this role expanded enormously and continued to ten minutes abundant. This song is finally the miracle happened: everyone stood up and were brought under the stage, finally breaking the atmosphere a bit 'concert opera that was created and making it a bit' more like a rock concert . And so the warm Roman public has demonstrated that it is not only polite, but also - and above all - ready for fun and involvement: they clapped their hands in time, there was singing something like what the band said the show and reached its highest point in all directions.
After this, it was time to go: even if everyone knew no one would say, I Am A Patriot since it was added to the end, it always ended the concert, and then ...
But in the world of rock music that we like the "always" we like to turn them into "almost always", when possible, and so by dint of calling Jackson on stage at the end we succeeded, almost embarrassed, but certainly pleased and satisfied with this popular reaction, is back on stage and sat on the floor, while the public began to fly names song style request ("Huh?" Take It Easy? But I can not play it on the floor , it needs the guitar! xD). Finally he decided for a medley, to satisfy a bit 'all, drew the band and has ranged from Looking East to Redneck Friend Before The Deluge passing and Take It Easy, and concluding with a resounding Stay alone that lasted more than five minutes, complete with a reprise and partly sung only by the public, now fully into the music not only with the presence but also with the head.
E 'apotheosis was the right for a wonderful concert, a concert old style for a songwriter who deserves far more public attention than it receives and has led with great style and lightness a bit' of that "Californian sunny side of America" \u200b\u200bin our confusing and too messy lives underground. After all, sometimes we even think of taking the car and run to Frisco to LA with windows open, the sun on our skin and the radio that goes: "We May Lose And We May Win, But we will never be here again, open up, I'm climbin 'in to take it easy!"



0 comments:

Post a Comment