Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ice Skating Date Kiss

We've Got New Year Coming Up Soon...

usually got the 31 (or a few days before) shot a bit 'of the year that the amounts going to end, presenting a more or less the general budget. This time, if desired, the sheet could be double, as today also ends the first decade of the new century (remember ten years ago? At this time all to wonder if the famous Millennium Bug would send to hell all the computers earth - good times indeed). But it is not all that he has this desire, to tell the truth. 2009 was a year that began with an important assurance (the new album by Bruce out at the end of January) and many questions, from the tour for exams that I give a little later. I could never imagine, however, all other things that would happen, although to say it seems rhetorical. Eventually all right now are hoping that 2010 is better than the year just past, it's peaceful, it's nice in fact. But the mind, imagination is often limited, more or less all those who wish health and even money, why not, as it takes forever. Nobody thinks the opportunity, emotions, challenges, bets. I did not think even I, up to twelve months ago. But, beyond all, the 2009 took me above all these things, I arrived slowly, working day after day, making choices (like all the other hand), running risks and aiming at times heavy. The result was surprisingly positive, and the curious way in which it arrived. A year ago, at midnight, I was hoping to go to America to see Bruce, or visiting New York, nor the ability to make new friends, or they can be for five months, almost always on the road . Like everyone, I was wishing you a better new year of 2008, a little 'luck, a bit' of peace in the family (and, I must admit, more tour dates to follow). This is to say that at the end, as it may sound obvious, life is inevitably a number of causes and consequences that are pigeonholed with one another in various ways, and every action has a corresponding near and far that we can not, as far as we may strive to cancel. Each and every so no, each of stress and every smile, every choice and every waiver are many small forks that every day we meet along our path, and leading by one, precisely defined state of affairs. Perhaps it will seem trivial, and maybe it is, but if there's one thing I learned from this year is the truth of this situation. Our viaggione in America was born a bit 'by chance, a bit' to madness Clare would say, during those four or five days in that of Stockholm, and are more than agree with you in saying that he would never have been born at the table. I bought the first ticket of the glorious fourth concert at Giants Stadium on the morning when I came back from Stockholm, without even knowing why. I made a bet with a big bet, and then another, then another, and I continued, not in a rational manner, rather than in Reason, but so, on impulse. When I've lost all the other bets I've made, honey you're my lucky day - words that have proved revealing, in a sense - Bruce guesses always there, even when doing it on purpose. I could lose everything, but I won. It's the same with human relations: there are at stake each time, despite everything. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. 'S life, man.

Now the cut here anyway, and leave you with a brief list of the best things about this in 2009, wishing you a 2010 full of hope and opportunity in this period in which all tend to be more positive, unless then falling back in almost complete darkness - it's not clear why it is so nice not to be so many problems that can not be solved!

"We got New Year coming up pretty soon ... Everybody, I guess everybody, tonight´s the night when everybody hopes for the best, and tries to see the promise a little bit...I remember when I was growing up... I lived... I remember, day after day I´d watch, watch my dad and he... When he was a real young man, he got, seemed like the, the things that were best, best about him and the things that mattered the most to him somehow either he let´em slip away or they got beat out of him everyday as the world does to you, and... There was a point where this next song he, he forgot... This is a song by Woody Guthrie, it´s called ´This Land Is Your Land´ but he forgot that you gotta, you gotta fight for that title, that nobody´s gonna ever give you that, never... and every day people gonna be trying to take it away from you and every day you gotta fight for it... So this is a fighting song for you in the New Year...”

Bruce Springsteen, intro a This Land Is Your Land (Nassau Coliseum - December 31, 1980)


2009 AWARDS
- MIGLIOR ALBUM ASCOLTATO: Working On A Dream - Bruce Springsteen
- MIGLIOR SONG (Bruce): Tomorrow Never Knows - Bruce Springsteen
- MIGLIOR CANZONE (altri artisti): Blue Jeans & White T-Shirt - The Gaslight Anthem
- BEST ORIGINAL SCORE: Doctor House
Soundtrack - BEST SONG IN A FILM: Gran Torino - Clint Eastwood & Jamie Cullum
- BEST SONG LIVE: Wrecking Ball, Working On A Dream - Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
- BEST SHOW (All Time): Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - October 20
- BEST SHOW EUROPE O: Turin, Italy - July 21 + Santiago, Spain - August 02
- BEST CONCERT: Jackson Browne, Rome + The Gaslight Anthem, Philadelphia
- BEST DUET: The '59 Sound - Bruce Springsteen & The Gaslight Anthem (London)
-
BEST WEEKEND: November 07/09: record fairs in Bologna and gathering in Piedmont LOHAD
- BEST TRAVEL: United States, October
7.22 - BEST DREAM CROWN: American Dream Journey (October 22/07)
- BEST LANDSCAPE admire: New York City at night from Rockefeller Center + Asbury Park Boardwalk
- BEST BUY: Skateboad from Times Square, New York (*_*)
- Best Book: The Dome - Stephen King
- BEST FILM CLASSIC RECOVERED : To Have And Have Not - Howard Hawks
- BEST FILM (exit room 2009): Milk (Gus Van Sant) Gran Torino (Clint Eastwood)
- Best Animated Film: Up - Pete Docter Bob Peterson &
(Disney Pixar)
- BEST DIRECTOR: Joel & Ethan Coen (A Serious Man)
- Best Actor: Mickey Rourke (The Wrestler)
- Best Actress: Lauren Bacall (To Have And Have Not)
- Best Writer: Nick Schenk (Gran Torino)
- Best DVD: Artists and Models - Frank Tashlin
- BEST BLU-RAY: X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Gavin Hood)
- BEST VIDEO GAME: X-Men Origins: Wolverine
- BEST EVENT TV: Super Bowl XLIII (February 2001) + Academy Awards Ceremony (February 26)
- BEST TV SERIES: Dr. House + Lie To Me


0 comments:

Post a Comment