Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bleeding In Top Of Gums

Only You (Can Make This World Seem Right)

Let's talk about movies, because this year I promise to dedicate much time as possible (and it seems all well and good, and because mr. Bruce has decided to stay at home house at the moment). And then, by the way, the cinema is my life and I've got last year suffered as a beaten dog not to go to Venice, those ten days there. Yes, although I did all summer around here and there I missed. I know it can be difficult to understand, but for me that place and those days are like a vacation in paradise, Seriously. Although there are incomprehensible film that you saw them there would run five minutes after five. But never mind. The fact is that I sbarluccicano eyes when I see on TV or Internet services, video and live broadcasts from various red carpet events, no matter which film is presented (that's only an extra incentive, as they say) . So when I am there every time is a bit 'as if it took place a dream, even though the red carpet at the Show me I see it rarely, because of the girls that when there is a big name piazzan there from early morning (and I can not lose four or five projections to stand there and take sun , no joke). But there are press conferences, the restore point that makes the hot-dog at the moment, that you must show the pass to go see the movie, the code to enter at eight o'clock in the morning (even stuff I do not do 's universities), the breakfast session with all''hotel pass hanging from his neck of the bag resting on the chair in front of Show, looking through the schedule for the day, movies in original language with subtitles and the CIAK fresh daily with fresh news . The feeling all this gives is actually very simple: you realize that for once in your life you are really confused in the right place at the right time, and why you wanted six. For the series "The finer things in life."
I said film. While Sunday night I was glued to the TV (and Internet, because the shots of the red carpet were different) I have repeated at least a dozen times "I wish I were there." And my eyes were shining. This matter who was there. The magic of belonging to something larger is what led men to establish religions, and is one of the things that fascinates me most in the world: awareness to have your own place, or as Bruce said about the music p rhyme to sing that song, " There Was a Time When The Music Provided you with a sense of unity Greater, Greater sense of shared vision and purpose That it does today. " Then you can think a little 'what you want, but for me it is, period.
Whether the film really has all the answers. Just know where to look, of course. But there are, there always are. That's when you find one that you expect that no sparks, because you know that anything can happen, however much you may end up at the bottom, there will always be a movie there to reach out, a character who is worse off than you and where you can identify. Just a little lower 'guard, just a little', without getting caught up in emotions stand there like a Swiss military to repeat that you are in a room watching a large screen TV. Then of course, everyone has their own preferences, and Pincopanco and Pancopinco, but a common denominator uniting us, but more often we try not to view it or at least to ignore it, because we humans are like that, and we can not do much.
I for example have always liked the kind sketched, but shot up in a good way. Those who could not mix much because they were timid, or because they did not have time to think something that already felt different, or because nobody could keep their pace, or because of continuous combined mess without doing it on purpose. Mostly people like Donald Duck (Donald Duck) and Jack Skellington. Certainly not people like Mickey Mouse or Robin Hood, so to speak. And even as Donnie Darko, Donnie Darko because he had more serious problems than mine, believe me. But the underlying moral of the Disney cartoons is that everyone can do it in the end, engaging, even splashing good. So when we played in those legendary games of pseudo-role (do not know how else to call them) that probably now no child would dream of doing, I always ended up getting to Donald, because ultimately it was the perfect human incarnation. The nice thing though is that I also had a strong tendency to the dramatization of the facts in the stories ricreavavamo, there was always someone who is hurt, or who were mistreated, or who was teased. It was something we could always take over, even when I did not think sooner or later emerge and catalyze the full story on himself. Surely a psychologist would know to provide an accurate analysis of why this was (and still does), but my guess is that by introducing the element of drama you can best catalyze the viewer's attention (and other children, to remain in our example). If you put on stage a normal life, where everything is more repeats or less equal, and where you ride, after a while 'you are tired, both acting and watching, unless you like watching a star Jerry Lewis, and the magic ends. With no drama, because it is something bad, dirty, ill. The drama charisma claims, demands will of mind, expect the strength. Being strong. It 's time where you have to pull out his teeth and show who you are, so many fall for it, on the tragedy. Apparently because it seems easy, the situation is practically do everything. In reality, however, is not so, because if the player does not react in a certain way the play seems phony, it seems manipulated, and no longer need. Is trashed. When I was
small and at home we only had a TV there were not many opportunities, was chosen from Super Quark, the political forum or a movie. Among the different kinds of films, including a romantic comedy and an action movie. End of the evening schedule. And we were lucky because we had the movie channels Tele +. When my mother chose, of course, watching movies optimistic about the 90 disparate couples who can not stand at the beginning of the film and in the end they loved each other, and more or less nice variations on the theme. But it was good, as you saw in those films was a kiss, and then for the family (for me) was okay. But when my father had a choice, the protagonist was in 85% of Bruce Willis, with appearances miscellaneous Tom Hanks, Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith. Most of the time my mother and I we went to bed in the first half, around 10 (good old days when films were cut into two parts by an hour each, and the first evening began at 9 and precise split ), because you think they were too violent for a child, but there were times when I was allowed to keep watching, as with Apollo 13, and then it was a blast absurd to go to bed at 11, even! Stuff the next day to tell friends at school.
Then we moved to my house between the sentimental and the action, with occasional appearances of comedy and thriller. There was the western, there was no fantasy, there was no war movie (of course), there was no drama. The only exception, if one can speak of except that I had done was Jurassic Park, dinosaurs and doted on because it was too obvious to prevent me from watching it. Up to eight years took me to the cinema to see only Disney movies, if not passed on porn, the breakthrough came with the release of Titanic, but that's another story.
You can imagine how, growing up, I had so accustomed to this kind of movie, especially those of my mother after the first ten minutes I could already tell how it would end, which I began to simmer, and as I led to see less and less sentimental, until I have more around 12 years, so I settled the action of my father. After four and a half years, when I made it clear to myself and I decided to make movies my life, and since the ban failed in the meantime look at other kinds of film, I began to recover a bit 'of things , and it was then that I met Scorsese (but this is also a separate chapter). However, slight aversion to the sentimental I had left, and continued to snub the top, doing a little 'accounts, I have not seen a movie like this until I started going to college, and to understand that basically I was a nobody for something disgusted, and that there had to be good even in the sentimental, although very thoroughly. So I started watching it when it happened, and at first I have not revised my opinion on the category. Except that at one point I saw To Have And To Have Not (Southern Water), the '40s classic with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall, and I understood where he was wrong: it was the wrong approach, I had to certain films. It 'makes sense that you can not find those kind of jokes about life Taxi Driver, or situations in which the protagonist eventually pours into a bloodbath, or fighting against time to defuse a bomb. The sentimental is written in a certain way because the viewer has to live two hours in which the maximum voltage is given by the curiosity to know if at the end of the two protagonists to marry and live happily ever after. Otherwise it's like to claim that the comedian died of strokes, to make a silly example. Having established this, the sentimental, or at least one properly done, has regained some kind of value in my eyes, and now if it happens I do not disdain to spend a couple of hours to watch a good movie about love, as they were called to 'time when my mother and chose to sit on the couch to watch.
Tonight was one of those nights when you do not want to do anything but lie on the bed and shoot something light, something that will not be required to think, because you do not have to think really want. So it's not by chance I saw myself Only You, just because Rob was there, it is clear, the choice was not so arbitrary as it would have seemed. The movie was not perfect, sometimes there was some joke phone call and forced some situation, okay, but two hours were very nice, I laughed to taste three or four times, and above all I am relaxed after a day spent to bad blood over the Internet (but let's leave this thing for charity). The sentimental is also nice for this, because it allows you to do so. Pull the plug.
And anyway, just to say, I want a guy like Rob in the film, which organizes all this ruse to convince me that he loves me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment