dream I gave birth to Stockholm
's been a couple of weeks confinement. The memories are already beginning to blur, giving way to feelings, colors, sounds. The shrill voice of the Viking who helped his father to count during contractions while we were still at home. The blue eyes of Malin. The sense of pain control until almost the end. The loss of the first cord. The damp of that little body lying on my belly. The tears of emotion held with difficulty. The thrill of watching my little eyes, and instantly find the answer to the question that has haunted me over the past nine months, "be able to love him?"
Labor itself lasted very little, from 9 am to 6 PM. All other the former lasted 3 days. But you know, every pregnancy is unique, and even though we expect that everything will repeat the same, even the birth proves different. And not just in the emotions that accompany it. At about 13:30 I call the hospital and warn them that we are going. The taxi will wait outside the door. The drive speeds up contractions. I have one every 3 minutes, and scanned the driver looking for a sign of panic in his eyes. I enjoy the idea of \u200b\u200bgiving birth in the car, like in the movies. At the hospital we are welcomed by smiling nurse asks what is the state. Then he takes us into a room, furnished in Ikea-style. The red leather sofa, the coffee table, stereo, flowers in the windows. Very different from the delivery room of our imagination. A girl looks very young and very blond. Her name is Malin and I will help to give birth. It is not a doctor, a nurse specialist. Unless there are medical complications in the delivery room. The monitoring confirmed that all is well: 133 beats per minute. The expansion is already 5 cm. We are a little confused and I GG. He diligently keeps count, but the contractions are frequent and do not really know how to put them. Malin takes matters in hand and begins to suggest locations. We had said the course, but I did not believe the fact that a different location could actually help alleviate the pain. Yet it works. Provo TENS in succession, then the infiltration sterile water under the skin, then the laughing gas. Everything seems to help. I feel in control. For each contraction I repeat "one less". I can keep breathing well, with the help of GG and Malin. After a couple of hours, the dilation is complete. The contractions are more painful, but begin to take less. Something's wrong. The child was stopped at a couple of inches before the exit. There must be something very interesting at that point, because even the Viking had stopped them. The pain of the contractions became unbearable, useless, since you do not go forward. But perhaps that is its being useless to make it unbearable. The small turn them off, to contemplate the landscape or to think of the greatest systems. While I was out to suffer. Eventually I give in, and I ask the epidural. I feel that answer is too late. If I want, I can make a cord. Whatever! The anesthesiologist arrived almost immediately, and introduces himself. Here, I all of these customs and morality to the Swedish, that no one touches you if you are not first presented, at times like this, yes, I want to scream "I do not give a C .... HOW TO CALL IT! PULL OUT THE NEEDLE AND ENOUGH! "And instead I can make a nod, and suddenly a face instead of a smile. I finally
in silence. I take possession of my thoughts. I feel again a normal person. The cord is wonderful, and acts much faster than an epidural. I am suddenly very grateful to the anesthesiologist. Who knows what it's called?! I smile.
Only now is the labor situation. It starts with oxytocin. We have to convince to leave that nice little niche that was found, and proceed towards the main exit channel. Malin tells me to move. I walk up and down the room. After about an hour, it's time to push. Malin invites me to sit on a bench in the shape of a horseshoe about forty inches from the ground. She sits on the ground in front of me. GG sits behind me and supports me back. I never thought to give birth on a bench like that. When does the next contraction I have to start pushing. Malin me off. Start. He says he sees his head. Just a few strong thrusts, and within a couple of contractions, the baby is out. I hear him cry.
Malin takes it and now rests on my belly.
His little body wet and warms me. Nobody
wash. No one will remove me. From now will stay with me all the time.
Malin says that I lose a lot of blood, they put me on the couch. Begin to mend. But I do not care anymore. I lose track of time. My baby is with me. It attaches to the breast immediately.
I get lost in the dark blue of his eyes.
Nice to meet you Tom Thumb. Are your mom.
There are sandwiches and non-alcoholic cider, very elegant on a platter decorated with a blue flag with yellow cross. Then leave us alone, I, GG, and Tom Thumb. I can not sleep, despite fatigue. After less than twenty-four hours, the Viking and Grandma A. come and get us. The Viking asks where is her baby. Caresses. Gets excited. Then he pees below.
take the subway home.
And we're already family.
Serena ( original post)
0 comments:
Post a Comment